By Bruce Perry
Taking entire good thing about Ajax, besides the fact that, calls for anything greater than your commonplace "how-to" booklet. What it demands is Ajax Hacks from O'Reilly. This helpful advisor presents direct, hands-on recommendations that take the secret out of Ajax's many features. every one hack represents a shrewdpermanent strategy to accomplish a particular job, saving you numerous hours of attempting to find the ideal solution.
a sensible number of eighty insider counsel and methods, Ajax Hacks covers the entire technology's finer issues. are looking to construct next-generation net purposes at the present time? This e-book can exhibit you the way. one of the multitude of subject matters addressed, it exhibits you ideas for:
* utilizing Ajax with Google Maps and Yahoo Maps
* exhibiting Weather.com data
* Scraping inventory quotes
* Fetching postal codes
* development internet kinds with auto-complete functionality
Read or Download Ajax Hacks: Tips & Tools for Creating Responsive Web Sites PDF
Similar web development books
The post-Ajaxian net 2. zero international of wikis, folksonomies, and mashups makes well-planned info structure much more crucial. How do you current huge volumes of data to those who have to locate what they're trying to find speedy? This vintage primer indicates details architects, designers, and site builders how one can construct large-scale and maintainable websites which are attractive and simple to navigate.
The re-creation is punctiliously up-to-date to deal with rising applied sciences -- with contemporary examples, new situations, and data on top practices -- whereas holding its specialise in basics. With issues that diversity from aesthetics to mechanics, info structure for the realm extensive internet explains the way to create interfaces that clients can comprehend right now. inside of, you'll find:
* an summary of data structure for either beginners and skilled practitioners
* the elemental elements of an structure, illustrating the interconnected nature of those platforms. up-to-date, with updates for tagging, folksonomies, social class, and guided navigation
* instruments, innovations, and techniques that take you from learn to approach and layout to implementation. This version discusses blueprints, wireframes and the function of diagrams within the layout phase
* a chain of brief essays that supply useful counsel and philosophical recommendation in the event you paintings on info architecture
* The enterprise context of practising and selling info structure, together with contemporary classes on how one can deal with company architecture
* Case reports at the evolution of 2 huge and extremely diversified details architectures, illustrating most sensible practices alongside the way
How do you rfile the wealthy interfaces of internet functions? How do you layout for a number of structures and cellular units? With emphasis on targets and techniques over strategies or applied sciences, this significantly well known ebook can provide wisdom approximately info structure with a framework on the way to examine new ways -- and unlearn superseded ones.
Layout and construct net APIs for a vast variety of clients—including browsers and cellular devices—that can adapt to alter over the years. This functional, hands-on consultant takes you thru the speculation and instruments you must construct evolvable HTTP companies with Microsoft's ASP. internet net API framework.
Even though internet elements are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in smooth browsers—the expertise is usually relocating tremendous speedy. This useful advisor will get you up to the mark at the suggestions underlying W3C's rising ordinary and exhibits you the way to construct customized, reusable HTML5 net parts.
Upload existence and intensity for your internet purposes and enhance consumer adventure during the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise advisor, you’ll the right way to make web page components circulation or switch in visual appeal, no matter if you must realistically jump a ball, progressively extend a drop-down menu, or just deliver consciousness to a component while clients hover over it.
- Getting Started with WordPress: Design Your Own Blog or Website
- FrontPage 2003 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Mobile First
- Google Visualization API Essentials
- Head First HTML5 Programming
- Node.js for .NET Developers
Additional info for Ajax Hacks: Tips & Tools for Creating Responsive Web Sites
Interaction Design (ID) This is the phase where you start designing a user interface that enables the user to interact with the site or application. The following are tools that can be used to improve Interaction Design: Outcomes and artifacts Storyboards Interaction sequence diagrams Interactive prototypes State diagrams Output documents Interaction design specifications Human – Computer Interaction (HCI) This is the most detailed activity, concerned with the science and mechanics of how users interact with computer systems or mobile devices.
After the design phase, you learn how to implement the design in the development phase and how to use web standards and WebKit-based frameworks to achieve the project goals. As a final step in the process, you learn how to test a mobile touch application and how to evaluate tests in a user-centered way before releasing the application through the Apple WebApp portal or other third-party portals. Why the Mobile Web? A mobile market exists, it’s growing day by day, and it’s a revolution that impacts our way of life like few others.
In the IM phase, consultants concern themselves with very little detail, instead taking in the big picture. 11 12 CHAPTER 2: Agile Project Building for iOS Devices Figure 2–2. Information Architecture Process: from design to implementation Obviously in this process there is room for iteration (as in most modern development methodologies), but generally the level of detail progresses as time moves forward. Now it’s time to see the nine phases in detail. Information Research (IR) This is the first step, where the collecting of information starts.