By Hiroshi Mitsumoto MD
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis offers the main finished, clinically-focused details on ALS (Lou Gehrig's sickness) in print. the 3 authors, widely recognized for his or her paintings during this zone, offer cohesive and balanced insurance of this syndrome, together with the background, scientific good points, pathology and pathogenesis, therapy and administration of ALS. To facilitate knowing, every one bankruptcy is improved by means of complete tables and figures, in addition to specific bankruptcy summaries.
Read Online or Download Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis PDF
Similar neurology books
Stroke raises the danger of dementia through approximate 2-9 instances. around the world, vascular dementia (VaD) is the second one most typical reason behind dementia. Presence of post-stroke dementia (PSD) reduces survival between stroke survivors and raises danger of long-term stroke recurrence. various severity degrees of cognitive impairment impacts useful consequence self reliant of actual impairment.
This publication comprises articles via the world over famous authors from various specialist backgrounds. The authors concentrate on education courses used all over the world in addition to on self administration courses for people struggling with Alzheimer’s affliction.
Disturbing mind harm presents functional, neurological tips to the analysis and administration of sufferers that suffer from anxious mind harm. Taking a “patient trip” in tense mind harm, from prehospital administration to the emergency division, into rehabilitation and at last reemergence in the neighborhood, it demonstrates how neurologists can facilitate restoration in any respect issues alongside the best way.
- Outcomes in Neurological & Neurosurgical Disorders
- The Human Brain: An Introduction to its Functional Anatomy (6th Edition)
- Neurologic Examination
- Kompendium der neurologischen Pharmakotherapie
- Infections of the Central Nervous System (4th Edition)
- The Sapient Mind: Archaeology Meets Neuroscience (Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B)
Additional resources for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
An intermediate form? Brain 82:203-222, 1959. 22. Erb, WH: Uber einen wenig bekannten spinalen symptomen-complex. Berl Klin Wochenschr 12:357-359, 1875. 23. Finger, S: Origin of neuroscience. A history of explorations into brain function. Oxford University Press, New York, 1994. 24. Fromann, M: Atrophie musculaire progressive (autopsie). Med Chir Mschr 1 (1858) summary in Arch Gen Med 13:96, 1859. 25. Gajdusek, DC: Motor-neuron disease in native of New Guinea. N Engl J Med 268:474-476, 1963. 26.
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 33:338-357, 1970. 10. Charcot, JM: Sclerose des cordons lateraux de la rnoelle epiniere chez une femme hysterique atteinte de contracture permanente des quatres membres. L'Union Med 25:451-467, 461-472, 1865. 11. Charcot, JM: Note sur un cas de paralysie glossolaryngee suivi d'autopsie. Arch Physiol 3:247-260, 1870. 12. Charcot, JM: De la sclerose laterale amyotrophique. Prog Med 23:235-237, 24:341-342, 1874; 29:453-455, 1874. 13. Charcot, JM: Lectures on the Diseases of the Nervous System.
38. Kurland, LT and Muldeer, DW: Epidemiologic investigations of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Preliminary report on geographic distribution, with special reference to the Mariana Islands, including clinical and pathological observations. Neurology 4:355-378 (part 1), 438-448 (part 2), 1954. 39. Kurland, LT and Mulder, DW: Epidemiologic investigations of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Familial aggregation indicative of dominant inheritance. Neurology 5:182-196, 1955. 40. Lawyer, JR, Netsky, T, and Netsky, MG: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.