By Cary D. Alberstone, Michael P. Steinmetz, Imad M. Najm, Edward C. Benzel
2010 Benjamin Franklin Silver Award Winner!
Praise for this book:
Superbly written...Each anatomic constitution is mentioned intimately, but the language is concise and never overwhelming...accompanied via notable colour illustrations which are broad and original...the excellent resource.--AANS (American organization of Neurological Surgeons) younger Neurosurgeons' Newsletter
Anatomic foundation of Neurologic Diagnosis is a lavishly illustrated booklet that locations distinct emphasis at the paramount value of symptoms for the exact prognosis of neurologic problems. It opens with a entire evaluation of neuroembryology, permitting readers to realize wisdom of ordinary anxious procedure improvement and comparable developmental issues. the second one component to the ebook contains an simply obtainable presentation of the anatomy of neighborhood elements and to-the-point details at the cardinal manifestations of disorder. Separate chapters within the 3rd component of the ebook current the anatomy of alternative useful platforms and supply sensible methods to diagnosing sufferers with process issues. a last bankruptcy covers the anatomy of the vascular method and cerebrospinal fluid.
• sensible association of chapters, in keeping with areas and practical platforms, displays the clinician's method of sufferer care • Full-color illustrations supply an imperative visible reduction to studying and reviewing clinically suitable neurologic anatomy and pathways • a number of tables summarize key points
Ideal for examining cover-to-cover, this booklet is key for citizens and scholars looking to totally comprehend the complexity of scientific neuroanatomy. professional clinicians will locate the publication a priceless refresher.
Read Online or Download Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis PDF
Similar neurology books
Stroke raises the chance of dementia via approximate 2-9 occasions. all over the world, vascular dementia (VaD) is the second one most common reason behind dementia. Presence of post-stroke dementia (PSD) reduces survival between stroke survivors and raises probability of long-term stroke recurrence. various severity degrees of cognitive impairment impacts practical end result self reliant of actual impairment.
This ebook comprises articles through the world over famous authors from varied expert backgrounds. The authors specialise in education courses used worldwide in addition to on self administration courses for folks being affected by Alzheimer’s illness.
Irritating mind damage offers functional, neurological information to the prognosis and administration of sufferers that suffer from anxious mind harm. Taking a “patient trip” in demanding mind damage, from prehospital administration to the emergency division, into rehabilitation and at last reemergence locally, it demonstrates how neurologists can facilitate restoration in any respect issues alongside the best way.
- Better Doctors, Better Patients, Better Decisions: Envisioning Health Care 2020 (Strüngmann Forum Reports)
- Neurology Update : Reviews for Continuing Professional Development
- Basiswissen Neurologie
- Handbook of Stroke Prevention in Clinical Practice (Current Clinical Neurology)
Extra resources for Anatomic Basis of Neurologic Diagnosis
Few trials were performed with placebo controls or in a blind fashion. Friedhoff et al. 5 mg/kg body weight. On other days, they were given placebo infusions of sodium lactate, and the results were judged by examiners who did not know which preparation the patients were receiving. The patients were also blind to drug. They reported a “favorable” reduction in rigidity but not tremor, with relief subsiding after several hours. Greer and Williams (84), on the other hand, could not demonstrate any change with 1 g of DL-dopa in two patients.
72. Duvoisin RC. History of parkinsonism. Pharmacol Ther 1987; 32:1–17. 73. Andén NE, Carlsson A, Dahlstrom A, et al. Demonstration and mapping out of nigro-neostriatal dopamine neurons. Life Sci 1964; 3:523–530. 74. Andén NE, Dahlstrom A, Fuxe K, Larsson K. Further evidence for the presence of nigro-striatal dopamine neurons in the rat. Am J Anat 1965; 116:329–333. 75. Poirier LJ, Sourkes TL. Influence of the substantia nigra on the catecholamine content of the striatum. Brain 1965; 88:181–192.
62. Fahn S. History of parkinsonism. Mov Disord 1989; 4(suppl 1):S2–S10. 63. Hornykiewicz O. From dopamine to Parkinson’s disease: a personal research record. Samson F, Adelman G, eds. The Neurosciences: Paths of Discovery, II. Boston: Birkhäuser, 1992:125– 146. 64. Montagu KA. Catechol compounds in rat tissues and in brains of different animals. Nature 1957; 180:244–245. 65. Weil-Malherbe H, Bone AD. Intracellular distribution of catecholamines in the brain. Nature 1957; 180:1050–1051. 66. Carlsson A, Lindqvist M, Magnusson T, Waldeck B.