By Ian Lloyd
Build your individual site the fitting means utilizing HTML & CSS, 2d Edition teaches net improvement from scratch, with no assuming any past wisdom of HTML, CSS or net improvement innovations. This e-book introduces you to HTML and CSS as you stick to besides the writer, step by step, to construct a completely practical website from the floor up.
although, in contrast to numerous different "learn internet design" books, this identify concentrates on smooth, best-practice innovations from the very starting, this means that you'll get it correct the 1st time. the net websites you'll construct will:
Look stable on a laptop, Mac or Linux desktop Render competently no matter if your viewers are utilizing net Explorer, Firefox, Opera, or Safari Use net criteria so your websites should be quick loading and simple to keep up Be available to disabled clients who use screenreaders to browse the net
by means of the top of the publication, you'll be outfitted with sufficient wisdom to set out in your first tasks as a certified internet developer, otherwise you can easily use the information you've received to create appealing, useful, usable and obtainable websites for private use.
Read or Download Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar web development books
The post-Ajaxian net 2. zero international of wikis, folksonomies, and mashups makes well-planned details structure much more crucial. How do you current huge volumes of knowledge to those who have to locate what they're searching for fast? This vintage primer exhibits info architects, designers, and site builders tips on how to construct large-scale and maintainable sites which are attractive and simple to navigate.
The new version is carefully up to date to handle rising applied sciences -- with fresh examples, new eventualities, and data on top practices -- whereas conserving its concentrate on basics. With themes that diversity from aesthetics to mechanics, info structure for the realm broad internet explains easy methods to create interfaces that clients can comprehend instantaneously. within, you'll find:
* an outline of data structure for either rookies and skilled practitioners
* the basic elements of an structure, illustrating the interconnected nature of those structures. up to date, with updates for tagging, folksonomies, social category, and guided navigation
* instruments, recommendations, and techniques that take you from learn to approach and layout to implementation. This variation discusses blueprints, wireframes and the function of diagrams within the layout phase
* a sequence of brief essays that supply functional guidance and philosophical suggestion in the event you paintings on details architecture
* The enterprise context of practising and selling details structure, together with contemporary classes on the best way to deal with company architecture
* Case stories at the evolution of 2 huge and extremely assorted info architectures, illustrating top practices alongside the way
How do you rfile the wealthy interfaces of net purposes? How do you layout for a number of systems and cellular units? With emphasis on pursuits and ways over strategies or applied sciences, this drastically well known booklet supplies wisdom approximately details structure with a framework in an effort to study new methods -- and unlearn superseded ones.
Layout and construct internet APIs for a vast diversity of clients—including browsers and cellular devices—that can adapt to alter over the years. This useful, hands-on consultant takes you thru the speculation and instruments you want to construct evolvable HTTP prone with Microsoft's ASP. internet internet API framework.
Even supposing net elements are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in sleek browsers—the expertise can also be relocating super speedy. This useful advisor will get you up to the mark at the suggestions underlying W3C's rising ordinary and exhibits you the way to construct customized, reusable HTML5 internet elements.
Upload existence and intensity on your net functions and increase person event in the course of the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise advisor, you’ll the best way to make web page parts flow or swap in visual appeal, even if you must realistically leap a ball, progressively extend a drop-down menu, or just convey recognition to a component while clients hover over it.
- WordPress: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Dreamweaver CS5
- Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company's Web Site
- HTML5 Cookbook
Additional resources for Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS (2nd Edition)
Later, once you’ve learned—and moved beyond—the basics of building a site, you may feel ready to tackle a larger, more technically challenging site. When that time comes, proper planning will be a far more important aspect of the job. But now, let’s gear up to build our first, simple site. The Basic Tools You Need As I mentioned earlier, many of the tools you’ll need to build your first web site are already on your computer. So, what tools do you need? ■ The primary—and most basic—tool that you’ll need is a text editor; a program that allows you to edit plain text files.
5 Paint Shop Pro Paint Shop Pro is available for Windows only. To download a trial version, visit the Paint Shop Pro site,6 and click the Free Trial link. com/paintshoppro/ 3 Setting Up Shop Windows Tools A standard Windows install has not always been blessed with image editing software. Certainly this was the case with Windows XP (although if you bought the computer as a bundle with PC, scanner, or digital camera all together, you might be lucky and find some image editing software included in the deal; scout around in your Start > All Programs menu to see what you can uncover).
5. 6 illustrates. 6. An untitled document saved to IE’s favorites ■ Your title element is used heavily by search engines to ascertain what your page contains, and what information about it should be displayed in the search results. Just for fun, and to see how many people forget to type in a useful title, try searching for the phrase Untitled Document in the search engine of your choice. meta Elements Inside the head element in our simple example, we can see a meta element, which is shown in bold below: Your First Web Pages ⋮