By Mike Wilson
• find out about key modules in Node.js for development real-time apps
• Use the Backbone.js framework to jot down fresh browser code, and continue larger info integration with MongoDB
• constitution undertaking documents as a starting place for code that might arrive later
• Create consumer money owed and safe the knowledge
• Use Backbone.js templates to construct the application’s UIs, and combine entry keep an eye on with Node.js
• improve a touch record to aid clients hyperlink to and tune different debts
• Use Socket.io to create real-time chat performance
• expand your UIs to offer clients up to the moment details
Read or Download Building Node Applications with MongoDB and Backbone PDF
Similar web development books
The post-Ajaxian internet 2. zero international of wikis, folksonomies, and mashups makes well-planned info structure much more crucial. How do you current huge volumes of data to those who have to locate what they're trying to find speedy? This vintage primer indicates details architects, designers, and site builders how you can construct large-scale and maintainable websites which are beautiful and straightforward to navigate.
The re-creation is punctiliously up-to-date to deal with rising applied sciences -- with contemporary examples, new eventualities, and knowledge on top practices -- whereas conserving its specialize in basics. With issues that diversity from aesthetics to mechanics, info structure for the area huge net explains how one can create interfaces that clients can comprehend immediately. within, you'll find:
* an summary of data structure for either rookies and skilled practitioners
* the basic parts of an structure, illustrating the interconnected nature of those structures. up-to-date, with updates for tagging, folksonomies, social class, and guided navigation
* instruments, options, and strategies that take you from learn to method and layout to implementation. This variation discusses blueprints, wireframes and the position of diagrams within the layout phase
* a sequence of brief essays that offer functional assistance and philosophical suggestion should you paintings on details architecture
* The enterprise context of training and selling details structure, together with contemporary classes on how one can deal with company architecture
* Case reports at the evolution of 2 huge and extremely diversified details architectures, illustrating most sensible practices alongside the way
How do you record the wealthy interfaces of internet functions? How do you layout for a number of systems and cellular units? With emphasis on targets and ways over strategies or applied sciences, this tremendously renowned ebook provides wisdom approximately info structure with a framework for you to research new ways -- and unlearn superseded ones.
Layout and construct internet APIs for a huge variety of clients—including browsers and cellular devices—that can adapt to alter over the years. This useful, hands-on advisor takes you thru the idea and instruments you must construct evolvable HTTP companies with Microsoft's ASP. web internet API framework.
Even though net parts are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in sleek browsers—the expertise is additionally relocating super quickly. This sensible consultant will get you up to the mark at the recommendations underlying W3C's rising common and indicates you the way to construct customized, reusable HTML5 internet elements.
Upload lifestyles and intensity on your net purposes and enhance consumer adventure during the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise consultant, you’ll the best way to make web page parts movement or switch in visual appeal, even if you need to realistically leap a ball, steadily extend a drop-down menu, or just carry cognizance to a component while clients hover over it.
- A Smarter Way to Learn HTML & CSS: Learn It Faster. Remember It Longer.
- WebKit For Dummies
- Client Centric Web Design
- Programming Amazon Web Services: S3, EC2, SQS, FPS, and SimpleDB
- The Web Designer's Idea Book Volume 2: More of the Best Themes, Trends and Styles in Website Design
Additional info for Building Node Applications with MongoDB and Backbone
What happens when two users change the same document One way to accomplish this is by assigning a signature to every record and updating that signature every time you write to the database. If updating an existing document, only update the document whose ID and signature both match the values observed when the document was first read. This way, when two users try to save the same data, the first user’s update will cause the signature to change and the second user’s update will fail because the signature does not match.
Changes to the domain logic affect the view and vice versa. Backbone aims to solve the code coupling problem by providing a model-view frame‐ work with templates that separate programming concerns in a way that should feel familiar to developers coming from either a desktop application or server side pro‐ gramming background. js, Backbone’s prerequisite helper library. Underscore provides functional programming support in the form of utility functions like map/reduce, array iteration and filtering, and advanced object binding and chaining.
While you very likely have those privileges when developing locally, it is generally a poor idea to constantly switch privileges between your regular user permissions and super user permissions. For one, if you were to make a mistake affecting the filesystem, your runaway code could do a lot more damage when it has root-level access to the hard drive in your computer. js will be the presenter for the majority of the action that will happen in the web browser, the Node application will not play a major role in the visual arena for this project.