By Wendy Bryant PhD, Jon Fieldhouse, Katrina Bannigan BSc PhD
Now in its 5th variation, this seminal textbook for occupational treatment scholars and practitioners has retained the great element of earlier variants with major updates, together with the restoration strategy trained via a social viewpoint. rising settings for perform are explored and plenty of extra provider clients were concerned as authors, writing commentaries on 14 chapters.
All chapters are revised and there also are new chapters, resembling psychological future health, specialist responsibility, intersectionality, eco-friendly care and dealing with marginalized populations. bankruptcy eleven is written through those who have obtained occupational treatment, interpreting diversified views at the event of utilizing prone.
This edition is split into transparent sections, exploring concept and perform concerns intimately. the 1st part covers the historic, theoretical and philosophical foundation for occupational remedy within the promoting of psychological overall healthiness. the second one part examines the occupational treatment approach, via a 3rd part on making sure caliber in modern perform. The fourth part deals insights into matters bobbing up from the altering contexts for occupational remedy together with an research of the consequences for occupational treatment schooling. The 5th part has 8 chapters on particular occupations that may be utilized around the assorted settings that are lined within the 6th and ultimate part.
Occupational treatment and psychological well-being
is crucial analyzing for college kids and practitioners throughout all components of overall healthiness and/or social care, in statutory, deepest or 3rd (voluntary) sectors, and in institutional and community-based settings.
"The ebook manages to pack very much into the five hundred or so pages and is extremely instructed for these new to occupational remedy and psychological healthiness because it presents a important and vast assessment of the subject."
Reviewed by: Dr Jean McQueen, The Forensic community, NHS Scotland Date: Jan 2015
- Presents diverse theories and methods
- Outlines the occupational remedy process
- Discusses the consequences of a variety of perform contexts
- Describes a broad variety of ideas utilized by occupational therapists
- Provides many alternative views via provider consumer commentaries
- Coverage of belief as a part of expert responsibility, management, eco-friendly care, moral perform utilizing a principled approach
- Additional and prolonged carrier person commentaries
- An editorial staff chosen and mentored through the retired editors, Jennifer Creek and Lesley Lougher