By Kieran O'Hagan, Beverley Burke, Derek Clifford, Dorota Iwaniec, Gerry Heery
Because the ebook of the 1st version of this vintage textual content, the main reforms in social paintings schooling ended in the nationwide Occupational criteria Framework (NOSF), which calls for all social employees to illustrate competence in a few key parts. This sensible textual content booklet covers all parts of the NOSF together with social paintings ethics, residential care perform, baby security, probability research and conserving adults with studying problems. various case stories successfully show efficient perform in social paintings perform, and relate center parts of competence explicitly to the correct component of the framework. execs and scholars interested by social paintings education, in addition to new practitioners will price this booklet as an crucial source.
Read Online or Download Competence in Social Work Practice: A Practical Guide for Students and Professionals PDF
Best social work books
The character of the connection among kids, mom and dad and the kingdom has been valuable to the expansion of the trendy welfare country and has lengthy been a challenge for western liberal democracies. Welfare states have gone through profound restructuring over the last twenty years and households even have replaced, by way of their shape and the character of the contributions that women and men make to them.
Via aiding others and selling swap, assisting pros additionally benefit from the good thing about own development. altering People's Lives whereas remodeling your personal is stuffed with narratives from contributors from social paintings, psychology, counseling, and allied healthiness fields. Inspiring and stirring, this ebook vividly illustrates how you can advertise social justice and foster worldwide human rights.
Getting to know that your youngster “cuts” is admittedly terrifying. Is your teenager considering suicide? how will you seek advice from her or him approximately this scary challenge with no making it worse or using a wedge among you? Dr. Michael Hollander is a number one authority on self-injury and dialectical habit remedy (DBT).
- Couples, Conflict and Change: Social Work with Marital Relationships
- Promoting Positive Parenting: An Attachment-Based Intervention
- Juvenile Justice Sourcebook: past, present, and future
- Research for Social Workers: An Introduction to Methods
Extra resources for Competence in Social Work Practice: A Practical Guide for Students and Professionals
2006) Identifying Emotional and Psychological Abuse. Maidstone: Open University Publications. Osmond, J. ’ British Journal of Social Work 35, 6, 881–900. Platt, D. ’ Community Care (16–23 February). Prior, J. ’ Social Work Education 24, 1, 5–18. Quinney, A. ’ Social Work Education 24, 4, 439–450. Rosen, A. ’ Social Services Review (December), 560–577. Schon, D. (1983) The Reflective Practitioner: How Professionals Think in Action. New York: Basic Books. Sellick, J. and Thoburn, J. ’ In D. McNeish, T.
30) Muncie and Sapsford suggest that core issues of power and authority are at the heart of these paradoxes and contradictions in family life. As the student moves into this contested arena, self-knowledge and identification with a set of professional values will help them grapple with the dilemmas they are likely to confront regarding post-separation relationships between men, women and children. COMPETENCE IN MEDIATION PRACTICE 37 Values As with the Central Council for Education and Training in Social Work (CCETSW) revised Paper 30, the new National Occupational Standards make it clear that students’ practice must be ‘founded on, informed by and capable of being judged against a clear value base’ (Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety 2003).
Lord Chancellor’s Department (2002) The Government’s Response to the Children Act Sub-Committee report ‘Making Contact Work’. London: Lord Chancellor’s Department. Mantle, G. and Critchley, A. ’ British Journal of Social Work 34, 1161–1172. Muncie, J. and Sapsford, R. ’ In J. Muncie, M. Wetherell, D. Dallos and A. Cochrane (eds) Understanding the Family. London: Sage. Montgomery, A. (2005) Scoping Paper on the Provision of Family Mediation Services in Northern Ireland. Belfast: Office of Law Reform.