By Eric A. Meyer
From customized fonts to ad-hoc font households you gather out of various person faces, CSS three offers extra typographic strategies than ever ahead of. This concise advisor indicates you ways to take advantage of CSS homes to realize a fine-grained and wide-ranging impression over the way you exhibit fonts at the Web.
Short and candy, this booklet is an excerpt from the impending fourth version of CSS: The Definitive advisor. in case you buy both the print or the publication version of Fonts, you’ll obtain a chit at the complete Definitive advisor as soon as it’s published. Why wait? find out how to pick out and control fonts correct away.
• Specify font households and their general alternatives
• Use @font-face to specify custom-made downloadable fonts
• measurement your fonts with absolute or relative scales, probabilities, or size units
• comprehend the variation among italic and indirect styles
• how to specify or suppress a font’s kerning info and different font features
• Synthesize your individual versions for fonts that lack daring or italic textual content
Read Online or Download CSS Fonts PDF
Best web development books
The post-Ajaxian internet 2. zero global of wikis, folksonomies, and mashups makes well-planned info structure much more crucial. How do you current huge volumes of data to those that have to locate what they're searching for quick? This vintage primer exhibits details architects, designers, and website builders find out how to construct large-scale and maintainable websites which are attractive and simple to navigate.
The new version is punctiliously up-to-date to handle rising applied sciences -- with contemporary examples, new eventualities, and data on top practices -- whereas conserving its specialise in basics. With themes that variety from aesthetics to mechanics, info structure for the area large net explains tips on how to create interfaces that clients can comprehend at once. inside of, you'll find:
* an outline of knowledge structure for either beginners and skilled practitioners
* the elemental parts of an structure, illustrating the interconnected nature of those platforms. up to date, with updates for tagging, folksonomies, social class, and guided navigation
* instruments, strategies, and techniques that take you from learn to method and layout to implementation. This version discusses blueprints, wireframes and the function of diagrams within the layout phase
* a chain of brief essays that offer useful suggestions and philosophical recommendation if you happen to paintings on info architecture
* The company context of training and selling info structure, together with contemporary classes on how one can deal with company architecture
* Case reports at the evolution of 2 huge and intensely assorted info architectures, illustrating most sensible practices alongside the way
How do you rfile the wealthy interfaces of internet functions? How do you layout for a number of structures and cellular units? With emphasis on objectives and ways over strategies or applied sciences, this tremendously well known booklet delivers wisdom approximately info structure with a framework which will study new methods -- and unlearn superseded ones.
Layout and construct internet APIs for a huge diversity of clients—including browsers and cellular devices—that can adapt to alter through the years. This sensible, hands-on advisor takes you thru the speculation and instruments you want to construct evolvable HTTP prone with Microsoft's ASP. internet internet API framework.
Even if internet parts are nonetheless at the bleeding edge—barely supported in smooth browsers—the know-how is usually relocating tremendous speedy. This sensible consultant will get you in control at the suggestions underlying W3C's rising regular and exhibits you the way to construct customized, reusable HTML5 internet parts.
Upload existence and intensity on your net purposes and increase consumer adventure during the discrete use of CSS transitions and animations. With this concise consultant, you’ll how you can make web page components stream or swap in visual appeal, even if you must realistically leap a ball, progressively extend a drop-down menu, or just deliver awareness to a component whilst clients hover over it.
- PHP jQuery Cookbook
- The Rails 4 Way
- The Little Black Book of Design
- Don't Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability (2nd Edition)
- Google AdWords For Dummies
- Mobile First Design with HTML5 and CSS3
Additional resources for CSS Fonts
You know from our experience with WebPagetest last chapter that tests run in WPT are not usually run instantaneously. You have to get into a queue, and even when you are in the front of the queue the test itself takes a little while. This is to be expected because the test isn’t simulating the experience; it is really loading the site in the agent that you choose. What this means tactically is that when you call the API, it returns a URL that you can poll that will indicate when the test is complete.
Let’s call the process that calls the pagetest API run_wpt and the process that handles the result, process_wpt_response. So far our sequence diagram should look like Figure 3-1. org Call APl Response url Poll for test results Response XML Figure 3-1. First iteration of sequence diagram This is a great start. You know from our experience with WebPagetest last chapter that tests run in WPT are not usually run instantaneously. You have to get into a queue, and even when you are in the front of the queue the test itself takes a little while.